Friday 5 December 2014

In Person Success - Former Swedish Prime Minister Carl Bildt

Carl Bildt served as Prime Minister of Sweden from 1991-1994 and as Sweden's Foreign Minister from 2006-2014. Mr. Bildt also served as co-chair of the Dayton Peace Conference which ended the Bosnian War in 1995.

Mr. Bildt was in town for a conference and I saw an advisory that he was holding a press conference downtown. I arrived at the venue of the press conference and after about half an hour of waiting, he arrived. He gladly signed an index card for me. After he had signed the autograph, I asked him if I could take a picture with him and his assistant said; "We actually have an engagement; its not possible right now" to which Mr. Bildt responded; "A quick selfie is always possible!" and he came leaned in for a picture. Not the best quality photo, but I'm glad I got it just the same!



No comments:

Post a Comment