Friday 5 December 2014

In Person Success - Governor Martin O'Malley

Had a great encounter with one of my favourite US Politicians Martin O'Malley, the current Democrat Governor of Maryland. He has served as Governor since 2007 and, due to Maryland's gubernatorial term limits, will end his time as Governor in 2015. He is a very likely candidate for President of the United States in 2016.

Governor O'Malley was in town giving a speech to a political think tank, but unfortunately his speech fell on an afternoon when I had to be at work. I really wanted to meet him though, so at about 9:00 the morning of his event, I went to the hotel where it was taking place and waited in the hopes that he would come in early. At about 9:45 I spotted a black SUV pull up and a man who appeared to be a bodyguard step out! Sure enough, Governor O'Malley also got out of the vehicle and came inside.

I approached him and asked him for an autograph which he  said he would be happy to sign. He really liked the photo I had printed and showed it to his staff that were with him and told us about the event he was participating in when the photo was taken. I also told him a story about how he had sent me his autograph through the mail several years ago when he was Mayor of Baltimore. After he signed the autograph he also took a photo with me.

A very nice guy who I really think might just be the President one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment