Monday 1 December 2014

TTM Success - Kirk Douglas

In the history of film there are few individuals who are as iconic and as legendary as the great Kirk Douglas. From Ace in the Hole to Paths of Glory to Gunfight at the OK Corral to his iconic performance in Spartacus; every movie he made was epic. He has been recognized for his acting with a Star on the Hollwood Walk of Fame, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, a 1994 Kennedy Center Honoree, and lifetime achievement awards from the Oscars, the American Film Institute, and the Screen Actors Guild.

In recent years, Mr. Douglas' health has not been great and he has largely stopped signing autographs aside from occasionally his books; but even that is often hit or miss. I decided to take a chance though, and wrote him a letter and enclosed my copy of his book hoping it would be signed.

I was so excited to come home to a package the other day that contained my book, duly signed and inscribed by this Hollywood great. Mr. Douglas also covered the shipping costs, returning the $15 I had sent him to cover return postage.

One of my very favourite successes!

I sent to:

Mr. Kirk Douglas
805 N. Rexford Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
USA

He returned my book signed in just 37 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment